Military Discharge

Application for Military Record of Service

Discharge papers (known as DD214's) may be recorded as permanent records and certified to perfect claims. In order to obtain a Certified copy, the original document must have been presented and recorded at the Recorder's Office upon discharge from service. If you did not record your discharge papers at that time, and cannot locate the original, a copy of your discharge papers may be obtained . The DD214 must be recorded before military exemption can be applied toward property tax reduction.

Application for Official Military Record of Service
(in PDF Format)

If you are unable to locate the original document a copy of your military records may be obtained by completing the Request Pertaining to Military Records form (see site below) and submitting it to the appropriate location as shown on the back of the form.

Military Record Form from the National Archives

You may obtain the request form from the Recorder's Office or download a copy from the National Archives at Records Administration at: